Monday, December 10, 2018

Final PRs for DPS909





Focus

As I stated in my previous blog entry, there was a feature that I decided to work on for the Focus browser on iOS that I personally wanted to see implemented. I ended up finishing the fix and hope to see it implemented into the release version soon. The fix had to do with how the application was setting the user agent. To fix the issue, I implemented a function to the user agent class that would allow it to persist its desktop user agent state.

Brave

I decided to work on another issue for the Brave browser on iOS. This issue had to do with the favourite's view showing a lower resolution icon for some sites. After some digging around, I noticed that the code that they were using had them passing in the favicon manually and then upscaling it to fit the size of the favourites icon view. Since a lot of the codebase is based off of the Firefox application, I decided to take a look at how Firefox implements this functionality. I found that instead of passing in the favicon manually, they were using a function to get it from the website instead. I then changed the code to work more similarly to how firefox was doing it and ended up correcting the error.

No comments:

Post a Comment