Monday, November 5, 2018

Focusing on Focus



I've had a lot of fun contributing to Mozilla's focus browser for iOS and have learned a lot while contributing to the project so I decided to continue along the path and tackle larger issues. I've mostly been fixing bugs while trying to get familiar with the inner-workings of the application but now I've decided to work on something more visible.

What I'll be working on

The issue I decided to pick up deals with a new feature being introduced in an upcoming release. I'll have to look into how the search suggestions are triggered by the search engine to be able to complete this feature.

There is already code in place for the layout of the views and search suggestions which makes it much easier for me to complete my contribution. I can use code that is already implemented as a reference for how to also include site suggestions, instead of only search suggestions.

This functionality was something that I was curious about so I'm excited to begin working on it. Working on an application that I use daily all while learning new techniques and skills is the main reason that I enjoy working on OSS so much and plan on doing so for the forseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment